The UP Singapore team is looking for smart and passionate individuals to join us as we take UP Singapore to the next phase.
We have UP-inspired hackathons based around themes of Health, Energy & Environment, and the Empowerment of Women all happening in the next few months and so are expanding the team to run these events.
We are looking for:
An Event and Community Manager
An Events Assistant
Please read through the job descriptions and if they sound like you, send your CV through to email@example.com.
We’ll also be looking for volunteers to help us run the hackathon weekends and if you’d like to get involved on that basis, please email us on the above address with ‘Volunteer’ in the subject line.
UP Singapore is a ground-up innovation platform which makes creative use of technology and data to improve our urban environments. The first UP Singapore event was held in June 2012, with about 1,000 people from all walks of life taking part over the course of our events and World Cities Summit exhibition.
UP Singapore seeks to achieve high levels of diverse and active community participation and foster strong collaboration between different community, government, corporate and NGO groups. It is managed by Newton Circus.
As part of UP Singapore, organisations from both the public and private sector contributed to a unique and unprecedented data sandbox, providing opportunities to learn, create value and discover possibilities for new open-data ecosystems and economies.
About Newton Circus
At Newton Circus, we believe “Doing good is good business”.
Simply put, Newton Circus makes meaningful things in responsible ways. We focus on key drivers of global change, including climate change, environmental degradation, poverty, development, natural resource scarcity, healthcare, migration and urbanization.
With a wealth of experience and expertise spanning all corners of the globe, we establish our own Ventures and work with Multi-National Corporations to create new and improve products, services and application that are good for People, Planet and Profit. We have brought our collective talent and passion to Newton Circus in hopes of embedding sustainability into everything we do.
EVENT & COMMUNITY MANAGER VACANCY
We are looking for an event manager with between 4-8 years of experience with necessary contacts at venues, F&B suppliers, licencing bodies, talent and promo staff agencies to help us put together our schedule of UP events. You will also need to have experience of managing communities, as this person will need to oversee the regular emails that go out to our database (and partner databases) to publicise and recruit particpants to our events. Someone who is already connected with and a participating member of social entrepreneur communities would be an added bonus.
You will be responsible for every aspect of the events, from managing ticket sales to running the schedule on ground. You will be supported by an events assistant and a team of volunteers (which you will need to help recruit), as well as drawing on expertise of Newton Circus team where needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about social entrepreneurship and wants the opportunity to have complete ownership of a project. You will need to be a good self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Lead events organisation and management activities
• Project timeline
• Coordination of part-time staff/volunteers and NC staff
• Venue sourcing (to include appropriate infrastructure checks)
• F&B sourcing
• Sourcing of speakers, mentors and subject matter experts for all events
• General event logistics (agendas/running orders, staff rotas, signage, presentation templates, participant journey planning)
• Hire of any equipment needed
• Overall management of activities and staff during event days
• Coordinate with vertical/industry client-sponsor organization project/event manager
• Coordinate with Project Director for partner goals and communication; and with Project Data Manager for data/infrastructure
• Build, maintain and engage community database through:
• Identifying and connecting with organizations/networks in Singapore with interest in UP Singapore or vertical industry goals and activities (as subject/domain experts, as participants, as data providers, as potential sponsors)
• Identifying events in various communities where UP Singapore can be promoted
• Coordinating outreach efforts to inform and recruit participants in UP Singapore community and vertical events
• Developing and maintaining broad outreach messaging and channels (website copy, emails, fliers)
• Understanding needs and interests of various communities (general problem statements, types of data desired, etc). Work with Project Director to facilitate the problem statement and idea generation process.
• Managing communications schedule (EDM, website, announcements) to UP participants leading up to and follow after event(s)
EVENT & COMMUNITY ASSISTANT VACANCY
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking person with up to 3 years of experience who has some knowledge of event and community management. Even if it’s just organising events and communities at your university or sports club, if you’re passionate and ready to learn more, we want to hear from you. Someone who is already connected with and a participating member of social entrepreneur communities would be an added bonus.
Working under the Event and Community Manager, you will be help pull together every aspect of the events, from ticket sales to managing volunteers on ground. You will be supported by your manager and a team of volunteers (which you will need to help recruit), as well as drawing on expertise of Newton Circus team where needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about social entrepreneurship and wants the opportunity to take on big tasks and earn responsibility and respect. You will need to be a comfortable working on things you have never done before, be a good self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Your responsibilities will include:
Support Events Manager in all aspects of event planning and execution; and community management
- Project management activities (for example)
- Creation and management of project timeline
- Coordination of part-time staff/volunteers and Newton Circus staff
- Venue sourcing (to include appropriate infrastructure checks)
- F&B sourcing and management
- Sourcing and management of speakers, mentors and subject matter experts for all events
- General event logistics (agendas/running orders, staff rotas, signage, presentation templates, participant journey planning)
- Hire of any equipment needed
- Overall management of activities and staff during event days
- Project partner communications (schedule and attend project meetings; correspondence; document and presentation preparation; web management, etc)
- Project documentation and file management
- Coordination of event volunteer staff
- Scheduling communications with UP database
- And others, to be determine
We are looking for a recent graduate with a passion for research and the power of data to change the way our businesses and society works. You will be supporting the UP Director on a variety of research projects, working with goverment agencies and big corporations at a high level as we shape the future of Singapore’s information marketplace.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.